Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pie Crust

I've decided this is my favorite pie crust recipe!

2 cups Flour
1 cup Butter Flavored Shortening
1 teaspoon salt
5-6 tablespoons COLD water

Cut shortening into flour and salt. Add in water and mix lightly with a fork. Handling as little as possible, form into 2 even size balls. Refrigerate until cold. Roll out with well floured counter and rolling pin. Bake according to filling directions. (Cut recipe in half for one crust.)

It's great for fruit pies, or savory pies. Last night I had some left over turkey so I added it to a can of Cream of Chicken soup, celery, onions, carrots, and peas. Then, put it in this pie shell and baked at 375 degrees until golden brown. Delicious!



1 comment:

Shannon said...

oooh that looks so good! I'm going to have to try that.