Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Poppyseed Dressing

Brian's Favorite Dressing:

1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar (or a combination of 1/4 c Vinegar and 1/4 c. Lemon Juice)
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
2 tablespoons Sugar or 3 tablespoons Honey (or more if the tang of the vinegar is too strong...I like it tangy though)
Salt and Pepper

Shake to combine.

I have this in my fridge at all times...There are variations in the recipe because I make it with whatever I have...It's great on any kind of salad or this Macaroni one that was a hit at our community BBQ:

1 pound cooked Macaroni Noodles
1 Kielbasa, sauteed or grilled then cubed
2 red, orange, or yellow Peppers, diced
5 scallions, chopped

Combine all ingredients. Top with Poppyseed dressing. Serve warm or cold.

No comments: